Using My Own Domain...

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DatSwagPanda, Jul 5, 2015.

1. DatSwagPanda

DatSwagPanda New Member

Previously I posted with a different company. I found hosthorde had a better deal and I transferred.

On my old server I had a number of IP. Are used that number IP to connect my domain witches viralpvp.com to my server. So that people could connect using, MC.viralpvp.com

The problem is that hosthorde have two issues. One being that the IP is The word IP. It is something like S1.hostehorde.com

This does not suit me as I cannot link my domain to it because it is a word. Also the fact that I don't know which type of record to be using to connect it as the server has a port and my old server didn't have a port as it had a dedicated IP.

Am I able to use my own domain to link to the server? And where can I find my number IP like 91.121.223.77 as an example. Would you also by any chance know what type of record to use? Whoever manages to help me can have free rank on my server.

2. SIL3NC3

SIL3NC3 New Member

3. Sman1985

Sman1985 New Member

4. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

The "IP" you are given is just a hostname. All hostnames point to IPs. You can find the IP by searching up the DNS records or by simply using the command prompt / console on your own computer and using the command "ping [hostname]"
    You can then use this IP and assign an A or SRV record pointing to it.

The second option is just to use a CNAME record, the guides for that are at the bottom of the resource SIL3NC3 linked. With CNAME you just put in an existing hostname, such as s1.hosthorde.com.

5. DatSwagPanda

DatSwagPanda New Member

Look I have the number up now but it has a port and my a. Record doesn't have a port option...

Attached Files:

6. Shadowhacker

Shadowhacker Member

If you will add the port, it doesn't work? If you will write after IP? There's no settings for port? You tried to ask support?

7. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member