Upgrade to Java 8?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by GameTutorials, Dec 18, 2015.

?

Anyone else agree on this?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GameTutorials

GameTutorials New Member

Hello,

Is it possible that HostHorde upgrade all of their servers to Java 8? Many plugins are beginning to use this Java version and it will become frustrating for server owners when they find a plugin they want to use but can not use it as their host does not support Java 8.

Being able to have our servers on HostHorde run on Java 8 will fix a lot of things and make it better for both servers and server owners.

Anyone else agree on this?

Thank you for your time. And make sure we upgrade to Java 8...

2. jet

jet New Member

TokenEnchant switched to Java 8 over the holidays as well. Breaking change for the server I am working on. So I'll have to switch hosts without Java 8 soon.

3. GameTutorials

GameTutorials New Member

HostHorde will loose people if they don't upgrade thier servers. Plugins are constantly updating to Java 8, and for me creating a big server, I really want to update to java 8. MY plugins will soon update to Java 8, but HostHorde won't and will probably leave the host soon.

4. jet

jet New Member

Well since I am on a monthly payment schedule, I will be able to get out anytime. If there's no announcement by the end of February I will definitely have to switch hosts so I can finish up everything.