Update FTB server.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Smurphy, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Smurphy

Smurphy New Member

I installed the FTB server pack on my server. Everything works fine, except its FTB IE 2.1.2. I cannot figure out how to update the FTB pack to 2.5. Any help?

2. JMFerg

JMFerg New Member

This, I am wondering how as well. I have tried overwriting the old files with new but the server won't completely boot up. Lots of this world was saved with a different version comments, and then just stays there for too long.

I am going to try removing everything except "world" directory and try again, I should have a good backup of everything but each test is taking a bit of time would be nice to know what the correct process to update from one server file to a newer one is.

3. dascenti

dascenti New Member

To be honest, what I usually do is download the "world" folder, update my client to the new modpack version, copy that world folder into a my single player folder and start up the world in single player with the new modpack version.

I usually do this to test for any breaks or other issues with the world by added/removed or updated mods/items.

If there are no major issues, I then delete all the files on the server (except the whitelist, server.properties, EULA, etc) then upload the new modpack server version files and the copy of my world that was updated when I started it in single player.