Uh Oh

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Amber, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Amber

Amber New Member

When we created my server we put my moms email address somewhere now it thinks my moms address is the owner of the server and that its actually a player. How do i fix it I'm only an admin on my server!! :(

2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

What do you mean by your mom's address is the owner? The email should be used mainly for logging in only. If you want administrative permission or "operator" status if you don't have a permissions plugin, you can "op" yourself in the console with the command "op [username]."

3. Amber

Amber New Member

This is what i mean I go to the control panel click on players tab i look at it and i see my moms email and next to it says owner so i add myself as Admin but i want to be Owner. Maybe my mom entered her email address as my mine craft username or something?. P.S Host horde staff is maybe the GREATEST at helping people thank you :D and i did /op myself

#3 Amber, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  4. Amber

Amber New Member

Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 12.35.44 PM.png

Sorry For letters Cant See My Moms Adress

5. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

I'm fairly certain that is just the login username, to log into the control panel. In my panel, it's the same thing, my email has the role "owner." This shouldn't affect anything in game.

#5 DtigerCSK, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  6. Amber

Amber New Member

Ok one last question how do i make say owner in front of my name in the server or maybe admin in front of my admin names

7. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

To use these, you will need to be running either CraftBukkit or Spigot. You can change to these in your Multicraft control panel.

If you're using a permissions plugin, adding those to your respective group's prefix section will add this. This requires a chat plugin which usually comes with a permission plugin or can be downloaded separately.

If you do not have a permissions plugin, you can add prefixes two ways, with a prefix plugin or with permissions. Typically you want to have permissions to allow different users different access to commands and privileges, so having a permissions plugin will be beneficial.

Prefix Plugins
    Plugins: Simple Prefix and/or Easy Prefix. There are other prefix plugins you can search for on BukkitDev.

Permissions Plugins
    There are several different permissions plugins out there, some with different capabilities. There are also other chat plugins that have more/less features such as channels, local/global chat, etc.