Transplanting a server, how to move SQL and add admins

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by aegisjester, Jun 10, 2014.

1. aegisjester

aegisjester New Member

Hi,

I'm just moving into hosthorde from another host, but I've never moved before and can use some advice.

Transplanting all the server files by FTP is simple enough, the download/upload is taking about a full day but thats pretty much expected. However, I don't know exactly how to move my SQL database. One of my administrators downloaded it for me (as to not use up my bandwidth while I do the main server files), but I can't figure out how to give him access to the control panel, nor are either of us sure the process of actually putting the database in place.

Anyone know how to do either of these?

2. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

I'm assuming you have a .sql dump of the database? In phpMyAdmin (link is in in Multicraft), you can import the file. Click the import link in the header, then upload the file.

As for extra admins, we don't currently offer the option of extra Multicraft accounts. Sorry.