Simple Password Plugin

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by BFJones, Apr 1, 2017.

1. BFJones

BFJones New Member

Good afternoon!

I am hoping to simply protect my server with a password plugin. I am hoping to be able to do this remotely without having to mess with FTP or anything like that. I thought this service had that option, but the plugins I have installed so far have had no effect on the server at all. Can somebody provide a step-by-step method to add a password to my server without having to transfer any files? I would really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Lachlan McHugh

Lachlan McHugh New Member

Hello BFJones,

Unfortunately Minecraft does not support passwords for servers but there is alternatives.

The one I currently use on my server (Bukkit) is "ServerPassword", You can add a password to your server through the config.
    If I understand your trying to make a server that only certain people can join.... Just turn on whitelist and add your friends/people to that whitelist!

Serverpassword = https://dev.bukkit.org/projects/serverpassword

, Lachlan McHugh