Server Down - Can't Stop/Restart

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by ImNotBob, Jun 14, 2014.

1. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

My Server was running fine then all of a sudden it went full on dead, I don't know if this is an issue with Hosthorde or most likely my behalf.

I've been onto http://status.hosthorde.com/ and its showing as down.

The past few days I've been converting from BukkitCraft to Cauldron (new MCPC+) with the addition of my own modpack including about 9 mods all together.

I think I might be pushing the limits a bit with 5+ worlds, a ton of plugins and plus all the mods.

can anyone advise me on how to get the server started again? and if I'm going a bit too far with what I've added in?

2. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

Can't connect to Minecraft bridge! (110: Connection timed out)

3. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

Are you on s45.hosthorde.com? According to the HostHorde Status twitter, it was down around the time of this post, and is back in service.

4. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

There were 3 different major issues, all of which occurred at the same time on s45.hosthorde.com.

Right now, everything is functioning properly; however, we'll need to schedule some maintenance for next week, as the server is currently relying on a few temporary patches that could cause problems in the future.

We'll be sending clients on s45.hosthorde.com an email with more information early next week, and include information regarding how to claim an account credit equivalent to 10x (1,000%) the down time amount.

5. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

Yes I'm on s45 and thanks I've checked my emails, althou I think it may be more of a Forge problem, I'm still getting this error every now and then: Can't connect to Minecraft bridge! (110: Connection timed out) on the consol.

I've recently looked over all my plugins and worlds and shortened them half, if anything it's just made it worse some how :S now I'm getting the Client side error every two minutes: internal exception: io.netty.handler.timeout.readtimeoutexception

6. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

7. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

Found my dumb error with the io.netty - I had been loading up TooManyItems server side! :facepalm: ....upps

and I think I may of started changing things just as the maintenance had finished ...which may of caused the 110: Connection timed out, only time will tell, for now I think the issue is sorted and the server seems to be normal..

#7 ImNotBob, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

:/ Couldn't get log: Authentication failed! (auth: Empty response)

9. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

Is this still SOP?
    A couple of servers were down last night for around ten hours.
    I received no notification from you in regards to that.

10. Daniel

Daniel Active Member
    Staff Member

Emergency maintenance is incoming on s29.hosthorde.com and s30.hosthorde.com. These are the last two servers we have leased at SingleHop, and we'll be transitioning them over to our own hardware at the datacenter we use in Meppel.

11. Hitmoncraft

Hitmoncraft New Member

Ah - does this explain why I can't connect at the moment?
    According to your status site it should be fine, and the console operates as if it's online. There's just no accessing it via a game client at present.