Players with Windows 8 Unable to Join?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Silver, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Silver

Silver New Member

While I was playing with my friends as usual, one of my friends timed out. I later noticed that a lot of my other friends were unable to join.. So I asked around, and the only similarity I could find in their equipment was their operating system: Windows 8. They tell me that it says pinging at first, and that if they try to join it says that it timed out. There's no real way for me to figure out if this is on the server's side or theirs... Does anyone else have this problem? (Yes, I had them try various things mentioned on forums, which, in the end, made things worse ;-; )

2. Shadowhacker

Shadowhacker Member

I am not using Win 8, i don't like it, so i am not sure, just guess.. They maybe should try to turn off firewall or something like that, maybe it helps - it says anything on server? Or in the client?

3. Silver

Silver New Member

I had them try that, too. But we figured it out. There's this weird problem where only the custom ip works for some, and only the given ip works for others. Like I can't use the custom, but I can use the given.

I guess this can be locked or something? I don't know how these forums work. ^^;

4. Shadowhacker

Shadowhacker Member

Great, so they can't join if they will use domain/custom IP as you said? Interesting, it will be locked later i think, but it's not necessary.