New User Creative vs Survival Question

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by DmDomination, Mar 28, 2015.

1. DmDomination

DmDomination New Member

I am new to minecraft AND hosthorde. I asked the live support before buying if i could make the server "creative"....IE nonhostile for some players and survival "hostile" for others and he said yes.

I bought a server for my 3 sons and their friend to play together AND for me and their parents to play together. How do i set it up so the kids are safe and in creative mode and the parents can play in survival mode?

Can i do this within a single world? Do i need to create more than one world? If so how?

2. DarioJames

DarioJames New Member

I think you will need to get a plugin like permissionsex to accomplish that.

3. pielord17

pielord17 New Member

You could use the gamemode command. Creative is gamemode 1 and Survival is gamemode 0. To use the command you will need to op yourself from console, or run the command from console.
    With plugins such as MultiInv with MultiWorld you could make different worlds for each, or with Essentials you could give them godmode and flying but not infinite blocks if you'd prefer that.

4. Alan Green

Alan Green New Member

Simplest way as stated above is to use the servers basic features of Gamemode. If the adults are opped they can switch between gamemodes at will...your not going to be stuck with playing EITHER creative or survival.....

use the command below to make admins on the hosthorde console

op <username>

There are instances if your logged in at the time you might have to simply log out and back in to apply the new status.

Once a player is opped he can use the following commands for mode

/gamemode 1 - Creative/God/Fly
    /gamemode 0 - Survival Mode