Need Help With Changing World Seed

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by blink_riddle, Jun 13, 2014.

1. blink_riddle

blink_riddle New Member

So I've started a server and even have plugins in use already with no problems, however I can't seem to change the seed of the map for my server. I've tried inputting a seed in the server properties and saved as well as restarted the server for changes to take effect yet the seed on my map remains the same. Any ideas?

2. Joseph

Joseph New Member
    Staff Member

You have to delete the existing world so that a new world can be generated. Stop the server before deleting it though.

3. blink_riddle

blink_riddle New Member

I haven't had time to update this but I actually found out how to use the FTP to get new worlds altogether however your reply is still VERY helpful and good to know! Thank you the information you provided is very much appreciated!

4. ImNotBob

ImNotBob New Member

When you login to the FTP Client, if you named your minecraft world as "world" you will see a folder called "world".

Stop your server all together, either delete that folder or rename it to "world2" (this will back it up for later use), make sure your new seed is now inside the server.properties, press start on your server, it will now fully recreate your world.

beware if you are using Minecraft Forge on your server with more than 1 world, you will notice all of the other worlds get saved inside the main world folder.