My own server is lagging just for me

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by RachelJaywood, May 30, 2015.

1. RachelJaywood

RachelJaywood New Member

So my server has been perfectly lag free and fine until recently. We changed nothing but one day my sister and I couldn't log onto my server without lagging and being immediately disconnected in about 15 seconds. We're on the same wifi network; which is why we think it's just happening to the both of us. Yes, we have restarted our router, our server & scanned for errors. Also our wifi is perfectly fast on other servers and general browsing. But nothing has worked, any tips?

Rachel Jaywood

2. Matthewk8

Matthewk8 New Member

Hey there ,Rachel.I think the reason this is happening is because when you and your sister are playing, you are putting a bit too much stress on your WiFi.Try playing one at a time, and if that does not work give your server a quick restart.Also, there may be some plugins causing this.It has happened to me before as well.So, just switch your server to Vanilla and then back to Bukkit, Spigot, or any other version you were using.