Lost Connection/World Not Loading

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Aberzhulan, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Aberzhulan

Aberzhulan New Member

The other thread about this same issue is marked as [Fixed], but doesn't seem to be fixed for either of us, so I thought I'd make a new one.

I'm co-owner of JustAddBacon network, and we have our hub server on s42.hosthorde.com:26127. Players are randomly getting disconnected or it's telling them the server is down. Multicraft shows the server is up and no issues. The only thing showing up in console is "can't get log". FTP is extremely slow, to the point of disconnecting when trying to transfer any files, even small files. It is not an issue with slow internet, as I have two servers on s20 that are running just fine and another on s2.

When players are able to connect, the world is not loaded at all and they fall until they get kicked, or they get moved to the fallback server because the hub server timed out. Just recently, I was able to connect but the very center of the world was loaded and nothing else. Our other co-owner joined the server at the same time and fell until he was kicked to the fallback server. I would include logs, but transferring/opening any files on that server is nearly impossible.

This first happened, intermittently, between 10 AM and 12 PM CST.

Thanks.

2. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

3. TheCapedAvenger

TheCapedAvenger New Member

I am a member of another server on node 42 and it has been "down" or having the same issues as Aberzhulan stated, since about 6 PM GMT on July 10th even though it shows 100% up time on the service site. [ http://status.hosthorde.com/871993/2015/07 ] Carmeops is the co-owner of our server on s42.hosthorde.com:25614 and started this thread [ https://www.hosthorde.com/forums/threads/fixed-sudden-lost-of-connection.625/ ]. The problem started on the night of July 9th coming and going and later fixed itself for a few a few hours but was back to the same condition the evening of July 10th and has been the same since.

Edit: Just thought i would add as a side note in case it might help but the server ran perfectly for a couple months then about a month and a half ago it started to have a bit of lag at times and it didn't matter if we had 3 players logged in or 30 players it was completely random with the same amount of lag each time but affecting all players (about 2 seconds of latency). Over time it has slowly continued to get worse until these last 2 weeks it would sometimes lag enough that some players would start to time out and have to log back in, then the current problems started.

Thanks for the hard work hope to see it back up soon.

#3 TheCapedAvenger, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  4. Carmeops

Carmeops New Member

thanks caped,

so yeah, Caped is from my server, and i was too quick on placing a [fixed] to my thread that i can't remove now, because i thought it was fixed after the outage

but ever since the outage the ping is so high that noone can stay online, we can't even properly access the console/ftp, everything time out, there is a report from me and from my co owner King_Lucifer too but we can't do anything on our side

the connection is so bad right now that the server might as well be shut down, there would be no difference for our players

i dunno, could you try to reboot your modem or something?

5. TheCapedAvenger

TheCapedAvenger New Member

The server came back up for a few hours today but is now down again.