Is this kind of "hot swap" possible?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Blingb0t, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Blingb0t

Blingb0t New Member

So I recently got my server up & running. Currently, we are running the latest version of FTB Infinity. I just wanted to get something modded going to confirm that all the members from our vanilla folder could connect & would run fine for them.

My question: Is it possible to have files for, say FTB Infinity, Blightfall (Technic Pack), & be able to have a vanilla world that I can run occasionally for UHC matches. NOTE: I'm not trying to run these all simultaneously. What I would like is that some people are interested in Blightfall, but some like FTB Infinity & they play at different times.

Is it possible to have the files for all of these so that I can simply select the correct corresponding .jar & world & then stop or restart the server to effectively have this "hot swap"

If you can effictively do this, how would this look in the root folder if i'm FTPing files over? Do they just all need different world names?

#1 Blingb0t, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Syano

Syano New Member

Hi,
    It is impossible if you are using the same server for both the FTB and Technic Pack, since they have different mods.
    However here is a small solution for you:- rename your files then upload them to the FTP server, disable the ones you don't want running then start the server.

Hope it helps,