is there a way for the server to roll back forge mods on a world?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Benoit Brind'Amour, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Benoit Brind'Amour

Benoit Brind'Amour New Member

Hi everyone :)

I have recently started using hosthorde for a heavily modded forge minecraft server.

I figured out with a bit but not too much difficulty how to do the custom jars and all that fancy stuff as well as how to create and distribute modpacks via curse.

Everything works fine except that if I roll back mods from the modpack, the server is unable to remove the items from the world. I have to download the world folder, plop it on my client's "saves" folder, load it up in singleplayer, accept that it's missing block and that yes I do still want to load it up, save and quit and then re-upload the fixed "world" back to the server.

I find that kind of a waste of time and server resources, anyone have a console command/scheduled task/script/ specific files edit within the world folder that would fix the save without having to download and re-upload the whole folder?

My group likes to experiment with new mods but we were tired of having to start over from scratch, that's why we switched to hosthorde from a crashy, world eating, no ftp access competitor. Really liking hosthorde so far, just always looking for a more efficient ways to do things :)