How do I install 1.8 plugins?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Marbles, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Marbles

Marbles New Member

Hi there. I just got my server with hosthorde and was wondering what plugins are available for 1.8 and how do I install them? I've run a lan server before but I'm new at running an internet based server.
    Also its not letting me pull 1.8 items out of creative. Why is it doing that?
    Thanks.

2. Skizzy

Skizzy New Member

This is completely different then a L.A.N server, as that's only for Local Area Network connections.

Most plugins have not updated to 1.8, but 1.8 will support most plugins from Files > BukGet Plugins.
    If you cannot take 1.8 items out of creative, do not use Spigot. It is reccomended you do, but Spigot has not updated. Use CraftBukkit 1.8 for that, or just use Default.

Good luck! :)

3. DtigerCSK

DtigerCSK Active Member

CraftBukkit is not and will not update to 1.8, no plugins have updated yet. Spigot (with the protocol hack for 1.8) + Carbon will be the closest to 1.8 with plugins you will get.

Skizzy likes this.
  4. Skizzy

Skizzy New Member

Yes, as i understand, i did not look at my Multicraft Control Panel before looking at this thread. I therefor forgot that CraftBukkit has not updated. I have a Spigot 1.8 server, and i have all 1.7 plugins, no issues whatsoever!

If you're just trying to mess around with 1.8, just use Vanilla. If you're trying to make a public server with plugins and stuff, you wont be able to use 1.8 features, as the best option for that is Spigot.