Group Manager/ Essentials chat won't show prefix

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by FishIV, Aug 6, 2016.

1. FishIV

FishIV New Member

Hi,
    So I recently installed essentials (all of them) and Group Manager.
    Everything works fine exept the Prefixs for groups

I tried everything but it would work
    Heres my essentials config.yml (I reset it)

http://pastebin.com/B0A3QZYV

Could you tell me how to add the prefix for example [Owner] FishIV

EDIT: I tried configuring but it will only work for the default group

I did

############################################################
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    # | EssentialsChat | #
    # +------------------------------------------------------+ #
    ############################################################

# This section requires the EssentialsChat.jar to work.

chat:

# If EssentialsChat is installed, this will define how far a player's voice travels, in blocks. Set to 0 to make all chat global.
    # Note that users with the "essentials.chat.spy" permission will hear everything, regardless of this setting.
    # Users with essentials.chat.shout can override this by prefixing text with an exclamation mark (!)
    # Users with essentials.chat.question can override this by prefixing text with a question mark (?)
    # You can add command costs for shout/question by adding chat-shout and chat-question to the command costs section."
    radius: 0

# Chat formatting can be done in two ways, you can either define a standard format for all chat.
    # Or you can give a group specific chat format, to give some extra variation.
    # For more information of chat formatting, check out the wiki: http://wiki.ess3.net/wiki/Chat_Formatting

format: '<{DISPLAYNAME}> {MESSAGE}'
    #format: '&7[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'

group-formats:
    Default: '&f[&7Builder&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    Owner: '&f[&Owner&f] {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&r {MESSAGE}'
    Admins: '{WORLDNAME} &c[{GROUP}]&r {DISPLAYNAME}&7:&c {MESSAGE}'

# If you are using group formats make sure to remove the '#' to allow the setting to be read.

See how I did the groups Owner, Admins, Default but only default works and its giving everyone the "builder tag" Why is it giving every single group the [Builder] instead of the ones I allocated them!!??! Help... please.

EDIT: I just found out that when i typed /list it showed that i was in default

When I type /manuadd FishIV Owner it said
    06.08 20:17:32 [Server] INFO You changed player 'null' group to 'Owner' in world 'world'.

#1 FishIV, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016