First Time Server Owner

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by trisgaming, Mar 21, 2015.

1. trisgaming

trisgaming New Member

Hello!

I am a first-time server owner and I need to know what should I do or what must be done to setup my server properly.

I already had chosen a specific mod (Spigot 1.8.1) and installed a few plugins.

Next, I want to allow another friend to be able to access the server without using my login credentials, is this possible?

I also need to know what to do once server and plugin setup are done. I was able to enter my MC but I can't destroy blocks. My co-owner tried to access, but has no authority and got kicked out (I wanted to add him but I can't find a way to add a person) as Admin/Mod.

Any help are greatly appreciated.

2. Syano

Syano New Member

Currently hosthorde will not support multiple users to use same multicraft panel, without giving your (Multicraft) login credentials.
    Also make sure your server is not running any mods as people will have to download same mods on the client side. It is a good idea to tell us what plugins are you using to find out why you cannot destroy blocks.

3. trisgaming

trisgaming New Member

Thank you for the information.

Below are the plugins I installed, which I think is necessary for our server.

No mods is being installed. And we want to have a vanilla server experience with less plugins as much as possible. Some plugins are used to offer variety of ranks for players and supporters.

While this may start as a small group, we might plan to allow more players to join us.

[​IMG]

UPDATE: In-game it says Essentials Protect is in Emergency Mode. Check your logs for errors.

#3 trisgaming, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  4. Syano

Syano New Member

Hi again,
    According to your plugin list if your friend is getting kicked probably it has to be the safe login plugin + Auth Me (They both do the same thing). You don't really need them if you are using your server in online mode.

Also if you cannot break blocks check that your permissions are set "build:true" in the Group manager.

5. trisgaming

trisgaming New Member

I installed both plugins but at the time of this writing, I am using Authme. SafeLogin is disabled.

Now, they can login to the server. (I am using these so that cracked versions can join the server). Only me is using a premium mc account. My friends will buy their own account this summer.

6. Alan Green

Alan Green New Member

On a spigot/Bukkit server only the SERVER needs the scripts.

FTB packs are usually where client AND server need to have mirrored mods installed