¿How sync plugins of BungeeCord server between others servers?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by MrCobayo, Aug 24, 2014.

1. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

Hello! I want sync the databases and config between 2 server united with BungeeCord.

I no have idea how.

For example, if i put a player in the group "VIP" in one server, i also want change the player group in the other server.

2. MrCobayo

MrCobayo New Member

3. Bryan

Bryan Member
    Staff Member

For the database, you might be best off using a single database and having both servers and their plugins connecting to that. That should work, but I can imagine that some plugins might not be designed for this in mind and could break - I doubt a permissions plugin would have an issue with this, but a rollback plugin probably would.

For the config files, I would keep them in a single location on my computer, then whenever you make changes to them, upload the changed files to both servers at the same time. For better automation, you might even look into a deployment service like DeployHQ. It's designed for code really, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work just as well for plugin config files.

4. Captain_Sisko

Captain_Sisko New Member

I personally would use enjin. The main downside of this setup is that you would need to have users register for the standardized ranks. Therefor what I would do is have a default rank same on both servers then when the user register's he/she can donate and get a rank on both. You can even set up a forum user rank for that matter.

I say enjin because I know the most about it, but if you don't want to spend extra money or already have a forum system then you can prob set this with buy craft.

Edit:
    Forgive me if I'm wrong, but what you're saying (Bryan) couldn't be used to sync ranks unless you want to give them manually.